Lunchbox Series – Day Two – Mediterranean Salad with Creamy Garlic Cilantro Parsley Dressing
It’s been quite a busy few days so pardon the delays in the “daily posts”. For one I have restarted the 1-green-smoothie-a- day series again. This time for 21 days. I figured it’s February and probably a month where the zeal of New Year resolutions just starts to wane so why not try to keep the momentum alive. I have been smoothie-ing for the past year and a half and cannot tell you how beneficial it has been for me. There have been quite some requests to share the daily recipes so I just started to post them here and on the Facebook page, in case you’re interested in following along.
So get your green smoothie to start your day and continue to nourish with these protein packed lunches.
Day Two comprised of a Mediterranean Salad inspired from this popular salad chain in Singapore called Salad Stop. The perfect combination of carbs, protein, greens and veggies topped with a creamy Arabic spiced vinaigrette. Top this with a peanut chaat and some fruit and you have a wholesome lunchbox to last you through the 4pm sugar or caffeine rush.
- Romaine lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces – 2 cups
- Red bell pepper, sliced thin, 1/2 cup
- Chickpeas, 1/2 cup, boiled and drained
- Boiled potato, 1 , cubed
- Cucumber, 1/2 sliced thin
- Cherry tomatoes, 1/2 cup, halved
- Falafels – 4-5. (Prepared ahead using this recipe. You may also use an organic falafel mix).
Layer all the above in that order in the lunchbox container.
Arabic Spiced Vinaigrette:
- ¼ cups Olive Oil
- ¼ cups Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Apple Cider Vinegar (can Substitute White Vinegar)
- 2 teaspoons Dried Mint
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-½ teaspoon Sugar
- ¾ teaspoons Salt
- ¼ teaspoons Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- •¼ cups Loosely Packed Fresh Parsley
- 1/4 Chopped cilantro
Blend all the above to a creamy mix.
- 2 cups boiled peanuts
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies chopped fine
- cilantro, 1/2 cup chopped
- juice of half to one lemon squeezed.
- salt to taste
Mix all the above and garnish with cilantro.